20100415

Two good news! 9/24/09

[Back to vintage blogs for the time being…]

Ok, we’ll start with good news:

I am morally against dissection (but we know this). When I first added Animal science to my schedule last year, the counselor told me there wouldn’t be any dissections. But, as I found out, there is a major unit involving the dissection of a cat. However, she and I talked about it, and we agreed on alternate work for me. The unit’s not for a couple months yet, and she hasn’t ordered the cats, but I went on PeTA2 today and found a couple alternate options to the whole class dissecting: virtual dissection software. Like, legit stuff, interactive and not just pictures. But this means that not only will cats have to die for the purpose of education, I can score some street team points on the PeTA2 site. Amazing!!


Then, more good news:

Brokencyde is playing in St. Paul on October 16th! I have the money, the ride there and back, and the friend to go with. (But Spencer might not be able to go, since he’s slightly broke ATM, but I told him, “Dude, I will pay for your ticket AND gas money. I need this concert.”) All I need to know is the time it’s at- ‘cos it’s a Friday, and I have school that day, plus the ride there and back, and finding a parking spot… Oh, and Permission. I need that too. Those are the things I need to know for parental purposes, but I’d personally like to know what openers are playing. Anyway, I’m grounded ATM, but I’ll be ungrounded on the 6th, so I don’t think that’ll be much of a problem. I’m just a little more concerned with… well, sucking up to my folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment